BEST OF 2018
||Night Flight Orchestra, The
||Sometimes the world ain't enough
||Play to win
||Young Gun Silver Fox
||Cold star dancer
||Dukes Of The Orient
||Dukes Of The Orient
||Black Stone Cherry
||Space Elevator 2
||First Aid Kit
||Say Sue Me
||Where We Were Together
||Manic Street Preachers
||Resistance Is Futile
||Lost on the Road to Eternity
||War of the Worlds / Pt. 1
||Live in London
BEST OF 2017
brings many new adventures each and every single day, some of them are
priceless, but others make you realise that things aren't always going
the way you planned it and you experience important lessons in life.
Without a doubt, everything you face in life is memorable, good and
bad, so looking back each year is always interesting to see your own
further development, because you're never too old to learn...
family, friends, work, music is one of the important things in my life,
because music is the story of my life in the 40 years I am on planet
earth now. It all started in the very early 1980s collecting new 45"
singles on vinyl (80s music), playing old records from my parents
(50s-70s music) and listening
to the radio all day (all decades), constantly discovering new music
and especially during the 1980s, I was constantly growing in music
In the mid 1990s
I started my own little fanzine called Strutter'zine, which is in 2018
exactly 24 years ago and many things have changed since writing the
first words about starting this fanzine and now after all these years
publishing my 2017 playlist of songs I played a lot in 2017. It was and
will continue to be a wonderful adventure and nothing in the world
would make me change something if I could go back to 1994 when I was
just a 17-year old boy who went to meet musicians, promoters, managers,
Every once in a
while I look at all those old pictures, letters, tapes, vinyls, cds,
promo packages, t-shirts, etc. in my collection, which is all part of
this incredible ride and I hope to continue for many years to come,
although compared to the 1990s, my time is limited nowadays, so please
bare with me for not always frequently updating the website and/or
replying to your messages. Believe me, music will always be in my life
and whenever you think I need to hear and review something that I might
have missed (especially vinyl is welcome!), please feel free to contact
me at: Strutterzine@gmail.com
Now... it's time for the list, which unlike other years is now a mixture of 'albums' and (songs)!
- Pinnacle Point 'Winds of change'
- Scherer Batten (Cuts deep, The harder I try and Space and time)
- Threshold (Small dark lines)
- Barry Goudreau’s Engine Room (Reason to rhyme)
- Cats In Space 'Scarecrow'
- Rocha 'Unum'
- Blade Runner 2049 'O.S.T.'
- Stranger things Season 1 + 2 'O.S.T.'
- Pride Of Lions (The light in your eyes)
- Boulevard (Life is a beautiful thing and I can’t tell you why)
- FM 84 (Running in the night)
- Anton Walgrave 'Where oceans meet'
- Racoon 'Look ahead and see the distance'
a lot of 80s rare AOR/Soundtracks, blues, jazz, singer-songwriter, 70s
symphonic rock, some modern pop/rock and much more various music
styles. An endless list of course, but from the 'more well-known' 2017 released albums interesting ones are (in no particular order):
- Steven Wilson 'To the bone'
- The Killers 'Wonderful wonderful'
- Foo Fighters 'Concrete and gold'
- Lunatic Soul 'Fractured'
- Ayreon 'The Source'
- Vuur 'The mermaid and the horsemen'
- The War On Drugs 'A deeper understanding'
- Jake Isaac 'Our lives'
- Anubis Gate 'Covered in Black'
- Nocturnal Rites 'Phoenix'
- Fleet Foxes 'Crack-Up'
- Voyager 'Ghost Mile'
- The Weather Station 'The Weather Station'
- Von Hertzen Brothers 'War is over'
+ other recommended but 'lesser-known' 2017 released albums to check out are (in no particular order):
- The Silent Wedding 'Enigma eternal'
- Damnations Day 'A world awakens'
- Fink 'Sunday night blues club volume 1'
- Andrew Joslyn 'Awake at the bottom of the ocean'
- The smallest Creature 'Million'
- Abacus 'A long way to begin’
- Husky 'Punchbuzz'
- L'Anima 'Departures’
- Paradisia 'Sound of freedom'
- Them Vibes 'Electric fever’
- Todd Herzog 'Something to believe in’
- Silhouette 'The world is flat'
- Innuendo 'The road not taken'
- Fahran 'Chasing hours'
- Caligula's Horse 'In contact'
- Sons of Apollo 'Psychotic Symphony'
- Renegade 'The story of my life'
- Alan Reed 'Honey on the razor's edge'
- Anthriel 'Transcendence'
- Code Red 'Incendiary'